We respect your concerns about privacy. This Online Privacy Notice applies solely to information we obtain through the website on which a link to this privacy statement appears (“website”). This privacy statement describes the types of information we obtain through the website, how we may use the information, with whom we may share it and the choices you may have regarding our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to safeguard the information and tell you how to contact us about your information and our privacy practices.
Information we obtain
We may obtain the following categories and types of personal information when you choose to provide it through our website:
- Contact information – such as your name, postal address, email address and telephone number
- Website information – personal information you provide on or through our website
In addition, when you visit our website, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. The information we obtain in this manner may include IP address, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on this website, and dates and times of website visits. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we obtain “clickstream data,” which is a log of content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website and other actions taken on such website. As the visitor clicks through the website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our website.
An example of such third party is Google Analytics, which we use to collect and analyze demographic and other information, and through which Google will collect certain information to be used according to Google’s privacy practices. To opt-out of the use of Google Analytics, click here.
How we use the information that we obtain
We use the information we obtain through the website to:
- respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales marketing and advertising; analyzing and enhancing our products, services and website; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities)
- perform data analyses and other processing (including market and consumer research and trend analysis)
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
In addition, we use information collected online through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as:
- customizing my users’ visits to our website
- providing services to youI also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer my website, identify users of our website, and gather demographic information about our users. We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Information we share with third parties
We do not sell or otherwise share personal information about you, except as described in this privacy statement.
We share personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. These third parties are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
We offer you certain choices about how we communicate with you and what information we will collect from you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from my mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as indicated in the How To Contact Us section of this privacy statement.
We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect; however, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that all information will be free from unauthorized access by third parties, such as hackers, and your use of the website demonstrates your assumption of this risk.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including for satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements or to comply with our data retention practices.
If you are located in the European Union with rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), the following additional sections apply:
- Grounds for using your personal information: We rely on the following legal basis to process your personal information:
- It may be necessary for us to use and disclose your personal information for the performance and fulfillment of the contract between us and to provide you with our services
- We may use and disclose your personal information where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interest and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- If you specifically consent to certain uses of your personal information, we may use your personal information in a manner consistent with that consent
- We will also process, transfer, disclose and preserve personal information when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary.
- If applicable pursuant to the GDPR, you have the right to withdraw previously provided consent for our processing of your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com.
Such individuals also have the following rights:
- Right to access – This right allows individuals to obtain confirmation that his or her personal information is being process and allows individuals to request details of the processing of his or her personal information, including, without limitation, categories of recipients to whom the personal information have been or will be disclosed and purposes of processing
- Right to rectify – This right allows individuals to rectify any inaccurate personal information about him or her
- Right to restrict processing – This right allows individuals to block or suppress processing of personal information under certain circumstances
- Right to be forgotten – This right is also known as the “right to erasure.” It is an individual’s right to have personal information erased or to prevent processing in specific circumstances• Right of data portability – This right allows individuals to move, copy or transfer personal information from one place to another in a secure manner without interrupting the integrity and usability of the information
- Right to object to processing – This right allows individuals to object to certain types of processing, including direct marketing, profiling and providing for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
Some of the personal information we collect about you through the website will be transferred to countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your personal information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this privacy statement and will comply with applicable legal requirements.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with us. Linked websites typically have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that are not affiliated with us, any use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.